Through educational technology, we work with our community to empower learners through the collaborative design of transformative, authentic educational experiences that leverage contemporary tools, practices and spaces.
STEAM and Design integration at ISB allows all students to apply the ISB Design Process to authentic challenges across the curriculum that seek to positively impact the community
- Innovative application of transferrable knowledge and skills: the act of creating;
- Digital citizenship and literacy: intentional decisions that consider the impact of technology;
- Design thinking: a holistic approach to the use and impact of technology;
- Purposeful connections with our community: an inclusive partnership with all stakeholders.
We believe students learn best when:
- They are given authentic, meaningful tasks that make an impact
- They have agency in determining what they learn, how they learn it, and/or how they share what they have learned
- They can develop and apply a wide range of technical skills
- They can reflect upon and share both the process and product of their learning.